Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A SURPRISE Shower for Bébé Guldan!

I seriously have the best friends here in Paris. The best. Unbeknownst to me, they planned a fabulous, Pinterest-worthy baby shower to celebrate Bébé Guldan's upcoming arrival. This actually happened over a month ago, but I'm only now getting around to writing about it. Special thanks to Lillian, Michelle, and Val for all of their planning, crafting, and food skills! Pretty much all of these photos come from Lillian, so props to her for documenting the event!


I arrived at Val's one evening for what I thought was a casual girls' night, but as I walked into the dining room full of friends screaming "surprise", I quickly realized how wrong I was! I had NO idea {as evidenced by the chip bag in my hand}, and funny enough, my usually right-on-time self was about 20 minutes late this time, and all of these girls had been there even in advance of that to prepare. I kept them waiting a bit, oops! :)

It was such a fun night...the food was amazing. So many creative and delicious options to choose from {and I could eat it all--again, that's how amazing my friends are}. They even managed to find some non-alcoholic wine. Even though Bobbie was unable to attend, she was still kind enough to make a delicious Mexican chocolate cake {my favorite flavor of hers} and some adorable cupcakes.


The decorations were just perfect, and I'm thinking I may need to use that "Bonjour Bébé" sign in her nursery!! :)



We played some fun games: "Who's That Baby?" and "How Big is Amy's Belly?" {side note: it is MUCH bigger now than it was then!}. "Who's That Baby?" was surprisingly difficult. There were a few obvious ones, as they look pretty much the same today as they did as a baby, but there were a lot that stumped almost everyone!

Bébé Guldan was spoiled with so many gifts - from books and stuffed animals to sleep sacks and adorable clothes, she is going to be one chic baby! I'm so very grateful, not only for this shower, but also for the friendship of these ladies. I know that they will be lifelong friends, even though we will all be going our separate ways soon. Bébé Guldan can't wait to meet all of her adopted aunts, hopefully sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment