Monday, March 11, 2013

MM Neuf

My last week has primarily been filled with travel plans...I know tough life I have!  And I've found that even though I live in France now, much is the same!


**This is what my computer looked like on a typical day last week...multiple windows and multiple tabs in each window.  Planning 3 trips at one time is not the best idea, especially for someone who doesn't like to make decisions. (ME!)  I even searched on French websites hoping for some better deals, but all I decided was that the internet makes travel decisions super overwhelming no matter where you are in the world!  And throw train comparisons in the mix here too, and it's enough to stress me out!  Needless to say, I was ready for some wine by the time I got things booked (and I'm only 2/3 done!)


No, March is not spelled wrong! ;)
**I've also discovered that even though the French haven't heard of Pinterest here, it's still possible to complete Pinterest projects!  When I tried explaining to my 2 French teachers (in French) what Pinterest is, they asked me "Oh, so it's a person?!" HA, I eventually had to show them the website but they did not seem as enthusiastic about it as I was.

You can see my first Pinterest projects in Paris.  I have to admit, I cheated slightly and brought some materials from the U.S. (paint, grout for chalkboard paint), but I did find the board to paint it on here in Paris.  Keep in mind--there's no super Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby here, so this was quite an accomplishment!  Obviously, we need to drink a little more wine to complete my wine cork bulletin board.  Pathetic, I know!  Anyone want to come help? :)

My goal is to hook my French teachers on Pinterest by the time I leave--I've been putting new things on the walls each time they come and think I might start making some sweets from Pinterest before my lessons.  We'll see how long it takes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment