Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Salon du Chocolat

Way back in late October, I visited the Salon du Chocolat, and it's exactly what it sounds like: an exhibition of chocolate.  An afternoon filled with yummy sights, smells, and tastes.  And believe it or not, I actually don't think it would have been possible for me to eat one bite more by the time we left (this is quite a feat, if you know me and my sweet tooth!)

Apparently this is a yearly event (I know where I'll be next year) held at the Porte de Versailles, which is a huge convention center on the edge of the city limits of Paris.  It is literally a huge exhibition hall (two stories) FILLED with chocolates, bakers, candy-makers, and even Bailey's, all with free samples of their goodies in the hopes that you'll buy more!  And while it didn't work on me, I thoroughly enjoyed my free samples and admiring all the beautiful creations!

No, this is not a fashion exhibit that I also saw this day.  In fact, all of these outfits are made entirely out of chocolate!  They actually do have a fashion show one of the nights of this expo, but I wasn't there that day.  Instead, I got to admire them up close.  Pretty awesome stuff! :)  I'm pretty sure I'd eat my outfit if I were a model in the show!

No one will really be able to read this, but my friends and I got interviewed for the Metro newspaper about our experiences at the expo.  Really, it's only a one line summary, but hey, I have to document it somewhere for memory's sake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment