Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas Fun in Paris

I'm pretty behind on posts, so it's a good thing I've got these gloomy January days ahead of me to catch up! {Also exploring Paris is not high on my list of things to do right now in light of the terrorist attacks over the past several days. Don't worry, we're safe, but it's a little unnerving, especially as we hear news of the second hostage situation in Paris today.} This is a post I meant to get done before we left for the US, but when a nasty cold knocked me on the couch for 4 days before we left, well, it didn't!

Our last Christmas season in Paris, and I had grand plans of visiting lots of places I hadn't been last year to see the decorations, like fancy hotels, etc. Well, my body had other plans because my cold prevented me from getting around to a lot of that too; I didn't even make it to see the tree at Notre Dame this year! :(  Oh well, we still managed to find a few pretty light displays, including the Champs Elysses market, whose lights were especially pretty this year!
Yep, that's Dior's huge Christmas chandelier!


Department store decorations


We seemed to keep ourselves pretty busy throughout the month of December. In addition to checking out lights, we got in the Christmas spirit with lots of parties and events. Our friends Bobbie and Ray hosted a cookie exchange/ugly sweater party at their new office/bakery space and later their apartment. What started as girls giggling while watching movies and eating cookies, ended with guys joining in for pizza and MadGab fun. And, probably a few sugar highs, too! :)
So many yummy cookies!

Photo courtesy of Pictours Paris

Just a few days later, we ran the Santa 10K with a big group of friends. It was a pretty cold, misty day, but it was a blast. The number of Santas was incredible...for only 10E more at race registration, how could you not participate in costume? My favorite costume we saw was the reindeer pulling a Christmas tree, though. While we didn't run this race for time, we did well and all finished! Nick didn't even train, so big props to him (he also carried my costume most of the way)!





Nick's work Christmas party was also a blast. What started out as a nice sit-down restaurant quickly turned into a rowdy, dance on the bar and table kind of restaurant when a band and the wait staff started singing and grabbing people to sing with them. I swear, half of the other people in the restaurant didn't eat a full dinner because they were too busy dancing, and not at their seats!

All in all, a pretty great December, despite my cold at the end of it. Just a few of our apartment decorations and baking photos for memory's sake.
That's what happens when you need your kitchen transformer, which is being used for Christmas lights...floor mixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment