Friday, April 17, 2015

Flâneur Friday: A Long Walk through the City


This week, again, continued with glorious spring weather. It actually was a bit summer-like for a few days with sun and temps near 80! So, when I had an AWG event in the Marais, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and walk there. It was a long one: an hour and half, but it sure didn't seem like that as I was taking in all the beauty this city has to offer!

First through the always lovely 7th and across Invalides.



I just love how many beautiful churches are hidden throughout Paris!
Then, across and along the river. Paris bridges are some of my most favorite things!
Can you guess what famous building this is??

And finally, after a quick break by Hotel de Ville, arrival at the beautiful Place des Vosges, the oldest square in Paris and where royalty used to hang out. I joined the crowds of people ignoring the "Do not sit on grass" signs to soak in a little sun.


Those trees with the sun on them, swoon!
After the AWG event, Lillian and I decided to check out nearby Rue Cremieux, which we had both read about on blogs. Such a quaint little street, full of pastel colors. Seems strangely out of place in Paris, but a lovely little respite from the bustling streets just surrounding it!


No comments:

Post a Comment