Thursday, April 16, 2015

Flâneur Friday: A Stroll to Madeleine

Dare I say it?? Spring is finally here, and I think hope it's here to stay! We have had incredible weather the past week with sun, blue skies, and warm temperatures, perfect for walking the city. This week's walk took me along the river and some of my favorite sights up to Madeleine, where I had some errands to run.



How can you walk past Madame Eiffel and not take a picture every time? The flowers are changing daily, it seems!

Next, my favorite bridge, Pont Alexandre III. So pretty. So iconic.

Even two plus years after moving here, I'm continually surprised by things I haven't noticed before. Like Sacre Coeur poking up behind Place de Concorde. How many times have I walked this route and never noticed?!

Finally, I wound my way up to the church at Madeleine, which although looks Greek, was built in the 1800s to honor Napoleon's Grande Armee.

After picking up my online purchase from the sporting goods store, I couldn't pass up a visit to Maille. I've only recently discovered this amazing mustard, and the store is equally amazing. A wall of every imaginable type of mustard, fruity to savory. There's free sample, in addition to 4 mustards "on tap" that you can buy in a refillable pot! Love. Definitely coming back here before we move.


2 comments:

  1. I'm really going to miss reading about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss writing about them! :(

    ReplyDelete